Just thought you might like an update on what’s going on in my life. I’ve moved the bus to the shore of Lake Okeechobee, which is the largest lake in Florida. The front of the bus is pointed straight at the lake and I’m only a few yards from the water, so all I can see out the windshield is water. I’ll be in this location for a week while I try to finish catching up on all the work that I lost when my hard drive failed. I should be caught up in about a week.
Here are some highlights of what’s been going on in my world:
- I had a great time at the FotoFusion conference in Delray Beach,
Florida. I spoke at the event, learned quite a bit about publishing
fine art photography books and getting into galleries, which I plan to
do with my Route 66 images.
- I’ve been shooting quite a bit, but I haven’t processed any of the shots because I’m concentrating on refining my Route 66 images right now (the ones that have already been posted to this blog).
- I’ve decided to get back into shape this year and have lost about 15 pounds since the first of the year and am on schedule to burn off about two pounds a week for the next few months.
- I had new mug shots taken of me by Harrison Funk that you might start to see showing up in promotional materials. Some of these photographs were taken at my friend Jay Koenigsberg’s studio in Miami (the photo above is of Jay telling me he better get some credit on my blog for letting me use his studio). Jay also scored me a nice parking bus parking spot in the marina near his place where I could walk to the water in about 20 seconds. Thanks Jay!
- I printed a bunch of large images that I will use to decorate the bus with (thanks again Jay for allowing me to use your printer). That includes a huge panorama that is over 80" wide that will appear on the lower wall between my office table and passenger seat.
- My next trip will be a seven day Caribbean Cruise known as Photoshop Fling 5.