It’s that time again! The Photoshop Virtual Summit is just a month away and registration is FREE! I will be one of 20 world-class Photoshop experts in the line-up for an amazing 5 days of practical Photoshop training. Join us for 40 classes and 30+ hours of online learning on May 2nd through 6th. Every single training session is designed to take your Photoshop knowledge and skill to the next level – regardless of whether you’re just starting out, or have years of experience.
The classes I’ll be teaching:
Luminosity Masking 3.0
Masks that are based on the brightness of an image are often referred to as Luminosity Masks and are commonly used to enhance landscape images. This traditionally involves an archaic process of techniques that involve the creation of a multitude of alpha channels. In this session, you’ll learn to graduate to next-level thinking that uses a single channel and a Curves adjustment that is much more versatile and powerful than previous methods.
You will learn:
- How to replace the standard process of creating multiple alpha channels by replacing them with a single Curves adjustment.
- Learn to reproduce the same results as traditional actions and then go well beyond to gain true control over the process of isolating a brightness range in your image.
- Increase the control and precision of your adjustment over what was possible in the past.
Transform Shadow into Light
If you’ve ever had your subject in the shade while also attempting to retain detail in sunlit areas, then you’ve experienced dull-looking subjects. This session will show you how to make those shady areas pop and transform them so they are just as bright and exciting as the sunny areas in your scene. In the process, you’ll learn a boat-load of tips related to creating selections and applying adjustments.
- Learn to isolate the shady areas of a scene so you can target them for adjustment.
- Discover the most effective adjustments for brightening and adding contrast to dull areas.
- See how to make natural-looking transitions when applying radical adjustments.